Re: Openerp accounting constraints module -> ideas?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Frédéric Clementi wrote:

> Our experience with accounting on OpenERP shown us that the system is,
> today, not trustable enough since it allows user to do many mistakes.
>
> So, at Camptocamp, we plan to create a module for (v5 and v6.1)
> adding constraints to Openerp accounting in the core source code ;  we
> want, at the same time, to stick as much as possible to the standard so
> anyone will be able to install it on top of a standard configuration.
>
> In other word, our goal is to press on very few buttons...but, if possible,
> the right ones :)

Frédéric, thanks for initiating this topic!

Perhaps it would be useful to coordinate/summarize the comments on a pad?
I took the liberty to copy/paste the current discussion here, so you can add
further comments in it:
  http://pad.openerp.com/p/accounting-constraints

As soon as we reach a general agreement on the constraints that should be
formalized and the way to do that, we will help review the code and land a
merge to include them in OpenERP 7.0 (extra modules needed for older versions).

It would be best to keep the topic very focused on the extra accounting
constraints (no generic improvements) in order to reach a convergence soon.

On a related note, we plan to organize community code sprints next month in
order to test OpenERP 7.0 and improve the automated test suite. It might be an
opportunity to add tests for some of the points mentioned in the current
discussion... (more on this will be posted soon)