Re: About Prepayment in ecommerce workflow

Let me add other reason why prepaid account is used (at least here in
Argentina)

When you invoice the prepayment, VAT credit could be used by the customer.
That's why at cancellation of the final invoice (the one you send once the
goods are actually delivered), you emit a credit note for the prepayment
(generating the counter movement to the prepayment, leaving the money to be
applied to the final payment and reverting the fiscal debt due to
prepayment VAT) and you use the customer credit to cancel the final invoice

This mechanism is independent of the fiscal year cut-off and allows you to
correctly treat prepayment as a debt you have with your customer till the
sending of the goods/services

Regards