Re: About Prepayment in ecommerce workflow

Hi Gustavo,
Please see my comments below :

2013/11/20 Gustavo Adrian Marino <gamarino@xxxxxxxxx>

> Let me add other reason why prepaid account is used (at least here in
> Argentina)
>
> When you invoice the prepayment, VAT credit could be used by the customer.

No, payment date is not relevant regarding VAT. The VAT is due at the date
of the transfer of property witch is in our case the date of delivery. This
is why invoices are usually dated at the same date than the delivery.

> That's why at cancellation of the final invoice (the one you send once the
> goods are actually delivered), you emit a credit note for the prepayment
> (generating the counter movement to the prepayment, leaving the money to be
> applied to the final payment and reverting the fiscal debt due to
> prepayment VAT) and you use the customer credit to cancel the final invoice
>
> This mechanism is independent of the fiscal year cut-off and allows you to
> correctly treat prepayment as a debt you have with your customer till the
> sending of the goods/services

yes, cut-off entries are totally independant from vat treatment