Re: module for bank account reconciliation

Hello All,

This is D.P. Hicks the owner of NovaPoint Group, Inc. here in the U.S.

Thank you all for doing the due diligence necessary to further understand
this module.  NovaPoint Group continues to build out what we call "Banking
Requirements" here in the U.S. but, as said in a post earlier, this is not
just U.S. functionality.

OpenERP Bank Reconciliation does a lot to deal with the electronic
transactions that EU banking entities deal with.  Here in the US and, from
Savoirfairelinux's post, in Canada as well we deal with 2 sets of entries
(transactions).  By that I mean we receive paper bank statements that are
monthly balance and transaction related summaries that we use to balance
our accounts.  There is another set of functionality that some banks offer
while others don't which is OFX transmissions allowing the software to
download daily transactional files and compare against internal banking
legders (not journals as OpenERP has established).

In the very near future you will see quite a bit of updated BANKING
functionality we've been working on but for this purpose the Bank
Reconciliation functionality was created to allow U.S. users of OpenERP to
balance hardcopy monthly banking statements provided from their bank per
account and balance.

I hope this helps and here is a document sharing how this functionality
started.  We're continuing to enhance this functionality with Check Logs
and other functionality that will be quite interesting to all shortly.

To specifically answer the questions about the 4 bank accounts it's how I
run things internal NPG today.  In order to minimize fraud and keep banking
more secure we propose 4 bank accounts.  1st is the Master/Operating
account.  This account is the main account that money flows in and out of
but no checks written, ACHs transacted, etc.  The 2nd account is your
accounts payable account.  Here the Master/Operating account funds the A/P
account with ONLY the amount necessary to support all bills paid and
upcoming electronic transactions.  This helps fraudulent activity to be
transacted against your main Master/Operating account.  3rd is the A/R
account.  All deposits are deposited here and then moved over to the
Master/Operating account.  Finally is the Payroll account.  Again like the
A/P this account is funded for Payroll related transactions like FUTA,
SUTA, Unemployment Compensation Insurance, etc.

Thanks for reading my post.

--
D.P. Hicks
President