Re: account_constraints check date in fiscal year

> Nobody with any practical bookkeeping experience and a basic understanding
> of accounting principles is going to want to restrict the accounting period
> to which a transaction is posted to the nominal 'date' of the transaction.
> This causes distortions and violation of fundamental accounting principles
> relating to the matching revenue and expenditure.

I am really sorry.

I need a bug that support this statment.

In our experience, allow change historical data in an ERP is unsecure.

One thing is use historical data for reports which I am agreed and other
total different is open a back door officially to twist the results of an
balance or accounting statement.

As I said, you can "load" historical data without brake any of the actual
constraints, what you can not do is that the "normal " process of the ERP
load for example old invoices in a closed Fiscal Year.

Can we be more precise on this points please because I insist it is an
important point but until now I don't see what is especifically the errors,
don't speak in a so generic way because until today at least we manage
since 5 years ago perfectly the accounting of our customers with problems
not related with this issues described in this thread.

If you are facing "specific" problems let's talk about them, but IMHO your
affirmation here is totally wrong.

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales