Re: RFC: ORM, support for merging records

Not related, but here is a solution to simplify the PO merge/split:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/556025

A small change in the workflow, but a very big improvement for OpenERP
(for complex stock exceptions handling).

Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> I think it is extremely important to get this ASAP.
> Users are perfect in creating duplicates of partners, products, accounts and
> many more and it's a pain to "merge" these manually, (what I try to avoid, but
> sometimes it is necessary.)
>
> @Davide
> I think PO merge you mention is a different task based on organizational
> needs, whereas the merge I am thinking of is to "clear up" the db.
>

>> Il giorno lun, 05/04/2010 alle 18.29 +0200, P. Christeas ha scritto:
>>> If that's ok with everybody, I think I could start a draft implementation
> of
>>> the feature at ORM level and ask you again about your opinion.
>> I think one of the reasons why we don't have a "merge" method is because
>> of the merge-by-[...] problem.
>>
>> Take PO merge wizard for example, it merges POs by partner and product,
>> but all of our clients always want to merge them by partner, product and
>> planned date.
>> That planned date could be the default or computed one depending on the
>> client needs.
>> The same is for invoices and so one...
>>
>> But i believe we can draft something which can take those keys as
>> parameters as well as we can override the default method if needed.
>>

>> --
>> Davide Corio
>> email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com
>> web: http://www.domsense.com

Fabien Pinckaers
CEO Tiny - OpenERP Editor
Chaussée de Namur 40
B-1367 Grand-Rosière
Belgium
Phone: +32.81.81.37.00
Fax: +32.81.73.35.01
Web: http://openerp.com

Great Achievements Start With Tiny Investments
  -- Marty, 2005