Re: New documentation module released

On Thursday 02 September 2010, Carlos Liébana wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As I pointed out here http://www.openobject.com/forum/topic17936.html , I
> think this module is really interesting, and that it’s getting absolutely
> no feedback from nobody.

Not true, we have been congratulating Albert and are interested to work with
that module.

> To fetch the documentation, it’s really needed to have a new standard
> folder (doc) in each addon module (but only OpenERP SA has rights to
> commit to the official ones), but the effort it’s really worth, from my
> point of view. A good and easy help system is a “must” and decreases some
> of the first level (pure functional, of course) support questions from the
> users.

I have been in favour of that idea, ever since the community days. Of course,
it cannot happen just overnight.

Let me remind you that there is a huge need to release v6.0 as a core product,
as soon as possible[1]. After we mark that 6.0.0 release, we could begin
building on all those wonderful ideas.

[1] one reason being that many of us continue to use 5.0.x and won't build on
top of 6.0 unless they see a "release".  Second being that a new release will
refresh the brand name of OpenERP and third that we must know which series to
focus our efforts at.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!