Re: Runbot: unicity of branch names issue

On mer. 18 avril 2012 14:36:55 CEST, Vo Minh Thu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Alexandre Fayolle
> <alexandre.fayolle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Big thanks for putting the bot back online :-)
>>
>> I have the impression that the run bot makes some weird assumptions
>> about the unicity of branch names. Case at hand :
>>
>> * https://code.launchpad.net/~c2c/openobject-addons/trunk-proposed-cleanups
>> * https://code.launchpad.net/~c2c/openobject-server/trunk-proposed-cleanups
>>
>> but on http://runbot.openerp.com/c2c.html I only see a single
>> trunk-proposed-cleanups with no information on wether it applies to the
>> server or the addons branch. It looks like an erroneous unicity
>> assumption to me.
>
> It is a convention that is clearly stated in the registration page:
>
> The runbot build toghether branches (of the different projects) with
> the same name. The problem is that on the branch list at the bottom of
> the page, there is no indication whether the branch is from a project
> or another. The problem is fixed in the upcoming design (see
> http://runbotdev.openerp.com/c2c.html if you're curious, this is a
> development instance of the runbot, don't rely on it).

OK I missed this one because I'm not the one who registered the team,
so I did not see the registration page...

This is a very useful feature as in this case both branches are meant
to be tested together :-)

Thanks a lot for the rapid feedback.

--
Alexandre Fayolle