Re: Open letter for Client API specification.

On 18-04-12 13:46, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:

*The technical issue (in a nutshell) is this:*
Do we expect the client to call the on_change event for every field that was changed?
(a) by the user
(b) by the return value from another on_change function called

Currently in 6.1 the web-client does both (a) and (b) cases. The GTK client however only does this for the (a) case.

Hi Niels,

you made it clear to me that I have been hit by this recently. If I bill a product with UOM 'Hour' on an invoice in 6.1, the chained on_change methods cause the web client to divide the unit price by the reference UOM ratio (a day, with 8 hours). Unwilling to give it much thought, I just multiplied the prices. But I now tested this in the GTK-client, and it still shows the original unit price. A less harmless example, I would say.

Thanks for clearing this up! Hope to see this solved soon.

Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan