Re: Roadmap for porting modules to 7.0

On ven. 12 oct. 2012 10:44:32 CEST, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are currently evaluating the work required to port the various
> c2c-xxx-addons to 7.0. Since OpenERP presumably has already done the
> work for the certified addons, I was wondering if there was a roadmap
> document detailing the recommended migration steps for the major changes
> in the base models (I'm obviously thinking about res.partner /
> res.partner.address, but there may be other changes that I'm not aware
> of). Having such a document would really be a time saver. If no such
> document exists, I'm pretty certain all partners would welcome it.
>
> I would also welcome some kind of changelog, mentionning for each
> certified addons the incompatible changes that were made:
>
> * removed / deprecated columns
> * changed method signatures
> * probably new columns
>
> This will considerably ease the work of porting to the new LTS release.
>
> I apologize if I'm asking for something which already exists, as I'm
> fairly recent in the community. I looked in the history/ directory of
> the server repository and could not find any up-to-date information,
> which triggered this question.
>
> Thanks for your time.

It is sad that no answer whatsoever was sent.

I filed a bug on launchpad requesting this :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1070203

People interested in such document may want to say that "this bug
affects [them]" using the web interface.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet

Camptocamp France SAS