Re: New connectors

Hello,

I have heard at the last community days that API could be fairly slow (Magento was given as an example). So I am not sure adding other layers/tools/software would make such connection a viable solution for real life systems.

We haven't tested API performance of SugarCRM and Redmine yet (RT doesn't have one AFAIK).

I would be willing to know if there is anyone using this kind of solution with OpenERP and their feedback of using it. We've been using direct connection so far and customers seem to like it.

Have a great week-end!
--
Maxime Chambreuil
1-514-276-5468 #126

----- Mail original -----
Point-to-point integration while simple and fast to implement, is
generally regarded as more costly on the long-term.

IMO, building an integration framework along the lines of
http://www.eaipatterns.com/toc.html into OpenERP would pay for itself.
I'm going to build a _very_ simple one for myself based on RabbitMQ. It
would need two modules:

a) one for "service enablement" of OpenERP. It would fire and receive
CRUD operations and actions as events that would be propagated through
RabbitMQ. I'm still thinking of how to do it without putting event
firing code all over...

b) an optional "router" module that would transform and route the
messages. It's optional because it could be replaced by Mule, or another
"enterprise" ESB for more complex scenarios or if you want pre-packaged
connectors.

Standard integration modules could be build as "adapters" and
"transformers" to external systems and benefit from a decoupled
architecture, reliability (if needed), monitoring, asynchronism, etc.

Cloves