Re: New connectors

On 12/15/2012 12:53 AM, Maxime Chambreuil wrote:
Hello,

I have heard at the last community days that API could be fairly slow (Magento was given as an example). So I am not sure adding other layers/tools/software would make such connection a viable solution for real life systems.

We haven't tested API performance of SugarCRM and Redmine yet (RT doesn't have one AFAIK).

I would be willing to know if there is anyone using this kind of solution with OpenERP and their feedback of using it. We've been using direct connection so far and customers seem to like it.

Have a great week-end!

Hello,

For Magentoerpconnect (and co) modules in V7, we want to implement a jobs queue. Nothing started yet, but we already had some thinking about that.

What we actually plan is to have, at least, a naive implementation of a queue on top of Postgres (to avoid external dependencies) which will be the default queue used for the connectors.

In the connectors, the queue will be replaceable, so a more advanced queue implementation could be used (thought about using Celery[1] and RabbitMQ[2] for instance).

Concerning the API slowness, you are right at least for Magento. Its API is awfully slow. Though, using a queue 'inside' the connectors won't worsen the current situation. By cons, they will bring decoupling (so easier debugging, easier integration of features, etc), visibility on the jobs/load, ensure atomicity of synchronizations, ...

Have a nice day

[1] http://www.celeryproject.org/
[2] http://www.rabbitmq.com/

--