Re: New connectors

Hello,

I am not yet familiar with what Celery and RabbitMQ does, but in the scenario where we would use them, what would be in the openobject-extension project ? What would we put in the OpenERP connectors projects (if still necessary)?

Should we continue the discussion on blueprints in those projects?

Thanks.

--
Maxime Chambreuil
1-514-276-5468 #126

----- Mail original -----

Helo Cloves,

nice to see to are still hanging around, some inline remarks:

That would indeed help increase the reliability and monitoring of these jobs as Guewen said.

Overall, I would say that they are many things more important to evolve than the Queue API in these connector. Nevertheless, if it's contributed, it's still a nice to have thing. Also I totally respect the RabbitMQ module form Anybox. I just said once on Twitter that unfortunately, Magentoerpconnect and its dependencies is already a hassle to track and install, specially for non specialized third parties and this largely comes from the OpenERP naive module management system I already highlighted in other posts. Adding some 3 queue modules more and a new piece of infrastructure will certainly not help here although once installed the connector could be better. So eventually if we could reuse a simple queue built'in Postgres with the ability to send message upon in from outside OpenERP using some standard protocol, I'm all for that, I'm not sure yet the connectivity part is easy, I've seen a Ruby solution over Postgresql but none in Python.

Regards.

--

Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant