openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: Beginning of the certification process for localization modules

2010/10/25 Lorenzo Battistini <lorenzo.battistini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/10/25 Nicolas Vanhoren <nicolas.vanhoren@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> As we stated before, I will begin to merge the modules that many of you
>> published.
>>
>> For organization purpose we would like that you give my user the rights to
>> commit in your respective branches on launchpad (my user name is
>> niv-openerp). This is not mandatory, but will be easier mostly for you, as I
>> will have a lot of little things to change (like renaming files or modules).
>> If I can't commit my changes in your branches, you will have to merge them
>> with the trunk later. So it's up to you.
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I added you to https://launchpad.net/~openobject-italia-core-devs ,
> the owner team of
> https://code.launchpad.net/~openobject-italia-core-devs/openobject-italia/italian-addons
>
> At the moment, we have 4 addons (
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openobject-italia-core-devs/openobject-italia/italian-addons/files/50
> ) and we are still developing several functionalities that will be
> added in a short time.
>
> Anyway, we can provide yet a generic chart of accounts (following V6
> guidelines).
> This chart makes use of consolidate balance (
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilancio_consolidato ), because, in
> Italy, companies often use their personalized chart of account, but,
> at the end of the year, they have to map their accounts into the chart
> described by European laws.
>
> Other addons, (base, account and sale) introduce some useful functionalities:
>  - http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codice_Fiscale
>  - http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documento_di_trasporto
>  - l10n_it_base contains every Italian city, with province and region
>  - Sequentiality for invoice dates
>
> I think that's all for now.
> Let us know :-)

Hi Nicolas,

since I had no response from you and I see your comment on
http://pad.openerp.com/6-test-accounting-localisation only now (when
was it posted?), it makes me think maybe you didn't analyse our
localization addons at https://launchpad.net/openobject-italia , did
you?
If you did, could you explain us why did you consider them worst than
servabit's one?

I'm sorry if these two localizations have functionalities that
overlap, but it was not a choice of Italian community if servabit
decided to make their own module, without involving community, by
their own admission:

http://www.openerp-italia.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=66&func=view&catid=8&id=3174#3174
"Servabit ha la sua politica commerciale e la sua tempistica, che puo'
non essere quella di Openerp-italia, da qui il modulo autonomo"
"Servabit has its own commercial policy and timing, that may be not
the same of Openerp-italia one, hence the independent module".
Moreover I wonder why they talk about openobject-italia as "The
other, independet project"...

Indeed, they registered their branch more than 1 year later than
openobject-italia.

We would be rather frustrated if we saw so much work of Italian
community to be made vain.

Regards

--
Lorenzo Battistini