openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: Translating OpenERP with Transifex.

> I strongly support the idea that translations must be versioned, so having them in bzr is our
> best option. Translators should be able to commit to a common place => maybe a branch
> per language, to be merged into the trunk by the quality team at release time?

Actually, they are versioned yet, at least one time per day:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk/changes?filter_file_id=it.po-20091117044926-ugat9mztyvxz4ipl-1090

Moreover, the advantage of using rosetta is allowing users unable to
use bzr to translate anyway.

> I totally agree that translations should be proofread by humans. I does not have to be a single
> person though, Debian for example set up a policy where anyone can propose translations but
> only veterans can proofread them. I made wonders for them.
>
> Probably we could use Launchpad's merge review process for this.

I think it could be done by translation reviewers:
https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject/PermissionPolicies

Regards

--
Lorenzo Battistini