openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: Translating OpenERP with Transifex.

On Tuesday 02 November 2010, Lorenzo Battistini wrote:
> > I strongly support the idea that translations must be versioned, so
> > having them in bzr is our best option. Translators should be able to
> > commit to a common place => maybe a branch per language, to be merged
> > into the trunk by the quality team at release time?
>
> Actually, they are versioned yet, at least one time per day:
So, can you tell who and why changed each string? Can you reliably attribute
the authors of translations? And, if two of them have a different opinion on
one string, can rosetta resolve the dispute?

> Moreover, the advantage of using rosetta is allowing users unable to
> use bzr to translate anyway.
The big disadvantage is that people who know how to use a VCS just see their
work being wasted on rosetta.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!