openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: bug requiring manufacturing expert evaluation

Agree on automatically delete the orderpoints rules associated with a product when the product is deleted. Disagree on if a location or if a warehouse gets deleted then it deletes the associate minimal stock rules.

First is that when the product is deleted and the corresponding orderpoint rules are deleted automatically, this situation that there are still orderpoints could not occur anymore!! Secondly, if there are still order points, the risk is to high to delete related data. Better to bring a message when trying to delete warehouse/location that there are still products assigned to the warehouse/location and need to be transferred or deleted first.

With kind regards,
Jan

Raphaël Valyi schreef:
2010/2/26 Maurice MORETTI <maurice.moretti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:maurice.moretti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Hello Raphaël

    I don't really understand the question.
    What I've understood is that you want to automatically delete the
    orderpoints rules associated whith a product when the product is
    deleted
    which sound good to me.

OK cool. Now unfortunately Tiny still have biggest trouble to follow internet flows, they hardly read those domain expert lists, and probably not even the right guys, so can you please confirm that on the bug tracker here https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/526081 , otherwise they might just miss it I'm afraid.

    Now I don't see why locations or Warehouses should be deleted (I
    guess there still exists)

OK, we probably didn't explain it properly: that the reverse: gpa suggests that if a location or if a warehouse gets deleted then it deletes the associate minimal stock rules. I'm not 100% sure if that's valid (as it would silently drop the stock rules) and that's what I ask to comment on.

Regards,

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com

Met vriendelijke groet,

*Veritos - Open Source Business Solutions
Jan Verlaan CPIM*

Telefoon

:+31 (0)487 57 3961

Fax

:+31 (0)487 57 3906

Postadres

:Secretaris Janssenstraat 10

6624AD HEEREWAARDEN

Internet

:http://www.veritos.nl <http://www.veritos.nl/>

*** Disclaimer ***
Deze e-mail met eventuele bijlagen is alleen bestemd voor de persoon of organisatie aan wie hij gericht is en in voorkomend geval, alleen voor het daarin opgegeven doel of gebruik. Deze email kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten en/of persoonlijke standpunten die niet noodzakelijkerwijs met die van Veritos overeenkomen. Elk gebruik van deze informatie (zoals bewerken, doorsturen, geheel of gedeeltelijk reproduceren of verspreiden in welke vorm ook) door anderen dan de geadresseerde, is verboden. Hebt U deze e-mail per vergissing ontvangen, meld dat dan a.u.b. aan Veritos en wis de e-mail.