openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: expected procurement date

On 20/04/10 19:33, Sebastien LANGE, SYLEAM wrote:
>> Until the sale.order is confirmed, the actual delivery date per line is
>> a moving thing, which is computed as:
>>     s.o date + s.o.l. customer lead time + company safety lead time
> I've tested today and the calculation is
> Date now + s.o.l customer lead time - company safety lead time
>
> Normaly :
>
> Date now  + s.o.l customer lead time + company safety lead time
>
> No ?

No that's correct, this was a typo in my previous post. The safety delay
is used in the same fashion for all
procurements/purchases/manufacturing: it's subtracted from the planned
date to get a safer planned date.

The idea is that if you need to buy raw material to start your
manufacturing order on date A, the system should buy the materials for
(date A - safety lead time), to be on the safe side if the supplier is
late or some other unforeseen issue occurs.

This is the same for the delivery to the customer, if it's planned for
date A we use (date A - company safety lead time) to be really sure that
it won't be late if a small delay occurs.
Now this might be an undesired feature if your customers never want to
receive their goods early... in that case set the safety lead time to 0
and be more careful with the customer lead time you set on your products
/ sale order lines.

--
Olivier Dony