openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: expected procurement date

Il giorno mer, 21/04/2010 alle 09.32 +0200, Olivier Dony ha scritto:
> The idea is that if you need to buy raw material to start your
> manufacturing order on date A, the system should buy the materials for
> (date A - safety lead time), to be on the safe side if the supplier is
> late or some other unforeseen issue occurs.
>
> This is the same for the delivery to the customer, if it's planned for
> date A we use (date A - company safety lead time) to be really sure that
> it won't be late if a small delay occurs.
> Now this might be an undesired feature if your customers never want to
> receive their goods early... in that case set the safety lead time to 0
> and be more careful with the customer lead time you set on your products
> / sale order lines.

Almost right,
if the customer wants to receive the goods on DateA, the supplier has to
buy raw materials on DateA - production delay - raw materials suppliers
delay - safety lead time.

So the date where the procurement will start must take care of all these
factors and return the BEST date to allow the supplier to keep all the
possible money in its pockets till the last day :)

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com