openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: procurement forecasts

Hello Davide,

OpenERP only computes requirements accounting for confirmed pickings/orders.
I guess what you need is what we usually call a Master Procurement Schedule
(MPS), which basically is a table where you can enter, period per period
your expected orders/pickings and where the ERP tells you how much extra
purchases/production orders would be required to fulfill the plan.

I know that Tiny India (behind Tiny Belgium) started to develop a MPS module
for one of the Smile customers in late 2008. The issue is that this customer
has been lost (partly because of Tiny India's work, partly because of Smile
and partly because of the customer himself I believe). As a result I'm not
sure this module has been tested in production anywhere (just like many
modules out there), so I can't tell you where it stands between a Proof Of
Concept and a mature module.

Still the MPS module is to be found here:
http://doc.openerp.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_production.html
also read this top page:
http://doc.openerp.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_production.html

Hope this helps, I'm also curious for feedback about this.

Raphaël Valyi
*http://www.akretion.com* <http://www.akretion.com>
[image: logo_only_17 (another copy).png]