openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: procurement forecasts

Il giorno lun, 07/06/2010 alle 15.42 -0300, Raphaël Valyi ha scritto:
> Hello Davide,
>

> OpenERP only computes requirements accounting for confirmed
> pickings/orders. I guess what you need is what we usually call a
> Master Procurement Schedule (MPS), which basically is a table where
> you can enter, period per period your expected orders/pickings and
> where the ERP tells you how much extra purchases/production orders
> would be required to fulfill the plan.

Hi Raphaël,
i already had a look at MPS, but with that you have to enter all the
procurements by hands.
Most of our customers have thousands of products.
Impossibile the check them out by hands.

Manufacturing companies usually send to the supplier a purchase order
with a long list of order lines.
Each line usually have an expected date attribute.
With that attribute, the company says to the supplier <<Hey, for this
date i will need these products and for that date i will need those
other products>>

To compute this schedule, they need openerp to be able to understand if
on that particular date we will have enough components to run the
production order. if not openerp has to create a procurement order for
THAT date and not before.

If, in the meantime, someone creates a new procurement order by date to
satisfy the need above, openerp must cancel that procurement order.

This is how manufacturing companies all over the world work

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com