openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: project management for civil engineering

So just an update on this,

our v6 advanced project management modules are now in good shape and we
started publishing them here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/+junk/advanced-project-management

Don't hesitate to test/propose merges before we go production. We plan to
merge them into the trunk extra addons branch when they are safe enough for
production.

The module description is pretty self explanatory, if not we will update
them. In any case we will probably showcase videos of those modules in the
coming weeks.

We also plan to integrate those module with the "scrum" agile project
management module for our internale usage at Akretion. Currently those
modules estimate projects costs / invoiceable quantities based phases based
on project phases (from project_long_term official v6 addon); we plan to
generate phase duration and required resources using scrum features then.

Of course we will make those module evolve in the coming months. Still we
would appreciate they are reused as a basis and refactored to be generic
enough rather than parallel modules to be developed, that's why we try to
create collaboration early in the process.

Regards,

Raphaël Valyi
Founder and ERP Consultant
+55 21 3010 9965
http://www.akretion.com

<http://www.akretion.com.br/>

2010/6/11 Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hello service and production experts,
>
> for one of our project in Rio de Janeiro, we need an advanced project
> management system (possibly finite resource management like M$ Project so we
> are thinking in using OpenERP v6 which ripped finite project scheduling from
> the "Faces Project").
>
> But basically, in that civil engineering area, they need to have pickings
> related to project tasks so they can start tasks only if parent tasks are
> done and only if related pickings are at least partially delivered. Also
> when instantiating a new project from a project template, they would also
> need to have those default picking generated with the proper civil
> engineering area locations.
>
> We just reviewed the great "civil_engineering" module by Zikzakmedia here
> http://www.zikzakmedia.com/ca/bloc/novetats/147-obras-de-ingenieria-civil-nuevo-modulo-para-openerp.html but
> found it doesn't apply a lot here cause it focus on characterizing the civil
> engineering project rather than bring such management features. So we wonder
> if anyone is aware of some existing module closer to what we need to avoid
> module duplication and favor consolidation.
> Thanks for any pointer. Otherwise we will release some modules ourself.
>
> Raphaël Valyi
> *http://www.akretion.com* <http://www.akretion.com>
> [image: logo_only_17 (another copy).png]

PNG image