openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

project management for civil engineering

Hello service and production experts,

for one of our project in Rio de Janeiro, we need an advanced project
management system (possibly finite resource management like M$ Project so we
are thinking in using OpenERP v6 which ripped finite project scheduling from
the "Faces Project").

But basically, in that civil engineering area, they need to have pickings
related to project tasks so they can start tasks only if parent tasks are
done and only if related pickings are at least partially delivered. Also
when instantiating a new project from a project template, they would also
need to have those default picking generated with the proper civil
engineering area locations.

We just reviewed the great "civil_engineering" module by Zikzakmedia here
http://www.zikzakmedia.com/ca/bloc/novetats/147-obras-de-ingenieria-civil-nuevo-modulo-para-openerp.html
but
found it doesn't apply a lot here cause it focus on characterizing the civil
engineering project rather than bring such management features. So we wonder
if anyone is aware of some existing module closer to what we need to avoid
module duplication and favor consolidation.
Thanks for any pointer. Otherwise we will release some modules ourself.

Raphaël Valyi
*http://www.akretion.com* <http://www.akretion.com>
[image: logo_only_17 (another copy).png]

PNG image

Follow ups