openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: grouped products/packs

For me difference is clear between both options:

1. BOM: You have to really launch one order to make Phisical kits. You want
to control kit's stock and someone on company must expend time building this
kits. On the momento you build the kit your components stock decrease.

2. nan-product-pack: You are building kits on the fly. You are using kit
components to compose the outgoing packing but you don't want to control
kits stock but kit components stock. You don't need a production order to
phisically build the kit.

Both options are valid and depends on company needs using one or the other.
I have no idea how magentoerpconnect can deal with this. Maybe it should be
the possibility of selecting one option or the other for each kit. This way
company could select the best way of working on each case.

My 2 cents... :)