openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: grouped products/packs

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Ana Juaristi <ajuaristio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For me difference is clear between both options:
>
> 1. BOM: You have to really launch one order to make Phisical kits. You want
> to control kit's stock and someone on company must expend time building this
> kits. On the momento you build the kit your components stock decrease.
>
> 2. nan-product-pack: You are building kits on the fly. You are using kit
> components to compose the outgoing packing but you don't want to control
> kits stock but kit components stock. You don't need a production order to
> phisically build the kit.

Thank you Ana.

> Both options are valid and depends on company needs using one or the other.
> I have no idea how magentoerpconnect can deal with this. Maybe it should be
> the possibility of selecting one option or the other for each kit. This way
> company could select the best way of working on each case.

As I explained, in Magento, "grouped products" comes already split in the
sale order. So it's much closer to what nan_product_pack does. But the main
point would be to drop the rmp dependency of magentoerpconnect in favor of
which is much simpler.
Any reason not to do it?

--
Raphaël Valyi