openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

grouped products/packs

Dear OpenERP production or Magento experts,

following the previous thread
https://lists.launchpad.net/openerp-expert-production/msg00301.html
I realized that the nan_procuct_pack extra addons would better fit our
business case where we have an ecommerce customer selling kit products
(using base_sale_mulltichannels + custom TerminatOOOR external sale imports
for now but soon Magentoerpconnect too).

The main motivation to use it rather than BOM's + production orders is that
it is simpler: no production order to deal with if you don't need to, no
product extra moves, extra procurements that might be in exception, make the
MRP slow and all that kind of troubles.

So I wonder:

1) are you satisfied with that module has it known issues?

2) if I don't want the pack product to appear in the picking (cause it has
no material reality), is it valid to set the pack to procuct as a 'service'
with sale price 0?

3) Regarding Magentorpconnect specifically: recently C2C funded an extension
to deal with Magento grouped products, see the specification here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magentoerpconnect/+spec/export-openerp-products-with-bom-as-magento-grouped-products

Currently, Magento will have only the components in its sale order, so there
is no production order trouble, but possibly this will be simpler to defines
products packs rather than BOM which are more complex, especially because
they can be recursive. Also this would allow us to drop the "mrp" module
dependency, thus letting OpenERP a bit simpler for people that don't need
production management.

So what do you think?

--
Raphaël Valyi