openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Fwd: mrp_prodlot_autosplit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2011/5/31
Subject: Fwd: mrp_prodlot_autosplit
To: Raphael Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexis de Lattre <alexis.delattre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2011/5/31
Subject: mrp_prodlot_autosplit
To: openerp-expert-production@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albert@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sebastien Beau <
sebastien.beau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear OpenERP friends,

I worked yesterday on porting the mrp_prodlot_autosplit module
(located in the extra-addons) from v5 to v6.0. I cleaned up some code
in the views :
- removed some functions that are now native in v6 ("split move lines
in single units" button on move lines)
- in the form view of outgoing/incoming products, better code to set
the tree view of move lines editable

I haven't ported the XML views made by Nan that allow to generate
automatically the prodlots, because the view of Incoming products has
changed quite a lot and I don't know where to place the buttons.

Here are some ideas that I have for the next steps for the
mrp_prodlot_autosplit module ; if you disagree, it's time to say it
and explain why :
1) rename the module from mrp_prodlot_autosplit to product_serial. Why
? The current name is very descriptive, but, if you are not aware of
the existence of the module, you will never find it by yourself. If
you have better name suggestion or if you are against this change,
it's time to stand up !
2) remove the dependancy on mrp. In v6, it is now possible to do stock
management without the "mrp" module, so I plan to move the functions
that depend on "mrp" in a separate module which would depend on both
"mrp" and "product_serial". I think I would call it
"product_serial_mrp".

Please Cc me of your answers, because I am not on the list
openerp-expert-production.

Regards,

--
Alexis de Lattre