openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: drop shipping

On 06/ott/2011, at 14:39, Raphael Valyi wrote:

> A) drop shipping products pickings are generated upon the sale order but they have the supplier location as the origin.
> The corresponding purchase order line doesn't generate any reception.
>
> B) drop shipping products don't generate pickings upon the sale order. But when they are bought, the reception goes to the customer instead.
> Eventually there could be an invoice upon this delivery if he product hasn't been invoiced upon the sale order already.

Actually we experienced both situations.

The second one seems to be the most used cause it applies quite well to a classic ecommerce+drop shipping scenario.

We normally use the first when, for instance, the main company receives the order and a branch delivers the goods.

But i guess that someone else could say the exact contrary

cheers,
--
Davide Corio
davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxx