openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: Planning and finite capacity in manufacturing - Odoo

Hello Alejandro,

Exactly, we are often asked to simulate "what if" scenarios, allocate resources in the workcenters... All the points you mentioned below are critical in production, and Odoo is not able yet to achieve this kind of scenario.
There are several options regarding this problematic:
- Go through connectors with specialized production planning softwares such as frepple, Arena, Simio. The problem is that we lose integration (only export/import)
- Look for V6 works that have not been upgraded.
- Review the total MRP concept in Odoo and make a strong contributing collaboration of the community.

I am convinced that the last option could make Odoo one of the big player in manufacturing sector. On that subject, I have been told by Pedro Baeza that some partners are meeting at Open Days to discuss about MRP improvements in V8. I hope it will result in something relevant.
Please, those who are interested to contribute or who know about works already started, say it to the community, so we can start working on it together.

Kind regards.

Pierre Gault

Consultant OpenERP
Savoir-faire Linux