openerp-i18n-french team mailing list archive

Re: hello and question about translation

Sorry Lionel,
I'm writing from my dying iPhone and sent my email without noticing it...

I'd be glad to help but 3 questions :
1. Translating directly in the launchpad is pretty slow. Considering I did the translations on a csv file for my own use in Odoo v8, is there any way to use this by importing it in launchpad or somewhere else?
2. How does it come that the same expressions need to be translated again with each new version ?
3. I think it would be quite interesting to integrate in Odoo the ability to aggregate automatically new translations that are made in each Odoo instance to group them. I believe a lot of people translate terms in Odoo but never add them to the launchpad. It looks like a waste of energy that could be easily used to improve translations and reduce the time needed to accomplish it.

Nicolas

> Le 13 nov. 2014 à 11:30, Lionel Sausin <ls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> I'll add that the French translation team is always looking for volunteers to help with the translation.
> Proposals can be made by everyone on Launchpad, and reviews are made by those of the translators who have the most experience with Odoo translation, as time permits.
> CC'ing the reviewer team's mailing list.
> Lionel.
>
> Le 13/11/2014 11:12, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero a écrit :
>> Hi, you can see here the translation progress, and also contribute to it:
>>
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/8.0/+lang/fr
>>
>> Regards.

>>> hi there,
>>>
>>> I am an old hand in the world of python but very new to odoo.
>>> I am looking forward working with you as I have the impression, that
>>> odoo is a great piece of software.
>>>
>>> Now my first question:
>>> As I am situated in Switzerland, multilingual is a very important feature.
>>> I try to use odoo in both french and german (default language set to
>>> French).
>>>
>>> However only German seems to work (as does English and Italian).
>>> Is there no French translation?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> robert