openjdk team mailing list archive

Build hangs whilst running test Harness?

I'm at the final stages of testing the bug-fix patch for LP #199732 but
met an unexpected problem. I'm hoping you've got experience of resolving
it and can help me.

On Hardy x86_64, running the build in the OS environment (not a pbuilder
or VM):

fakeroot debian/rules binary

Hangs seemingly for-ever whilst running the test harness:

cd mauve && \
	    JAVA_HOME=/build/buildd/openjdk-6-6b09/openjdk/control/build/linux-amd64/j2sdk-image \
	    PATH=/build/buildd/openjdk-6-6b09/openjdk/control/build/linux-amd64/j2sdk-image/bin:$PATH \
		xvfb-run java Harness \
		    -vm /build/buildd/openjdk-6-6b09/openjdk/control/build/linux-amd64/j2sdk-image/bin/java \
		    -file /build/buildd/openjdk-6-6b09/debian/mauve_tests \
		    -timeout 30000 2>&1 \
		| tee mauve_output

I couldn't run it in a pbuilder originally because the partition mounted
to /var didn't have sufficient free space remaining and it ran out
during the build.
I've just extended the logical volume and file-system it is in by 10GB
and set it going in a Hardy 64-bit pbuilder but it will be a while until
I know if it gets stuck in the test harness as well.

Has anyone encountered this, and is there a way to prevent it?

I was concerned in case I upload a bug-fix test package to the PPA and
it fails to build there, considering the amount of time and resources it
consumes.

TJ.