Re: [Merge] lp:~strada/openlp/songbeamer-import-enhancements into lp:openlp

Hi Stefan,

> I've looked at the openlp-wiki about writing unittests [1], my 'assert
> result is True' comes from there.
You are right, that information is outdated. If you have a wiki account, feel free to update it.

> Changing my code I stumbled upon the following:
> - the already existing test-functions in the testfile concerned use
> assertEquals(), which is a deprecated alias since about python 3.1
> (however it still works); I'll change all occurrences of assertEquals in
> the file to assertEqual, ok?
Yeah, that sounds good :) You can even change all occurrences you find if you like to.

> - to function assertIsNone() to be used instead of 'assert result is
> None' has been introduced with python 3.1, a test with this function
> will therefore not work with python 3.0; is this a problem? The only
> minimum-version I've found in the wiki is the statement that openlp is
> being written in python 3.
I just asked on IRC and the minimum Python version we support is 3.3.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~strada/openlp/songbeamer-import-enhancements/+merge/215578
Your team OpenLP Core is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~strada/openlp/songbeamer-import-enhancements into lp:openlp.