openlp-dev team mailing list archive

Background video and transitions

Hi devs!

I'm very sad that 2.2 wont have background video support (on OS X) we're
using it very often - even with it's poor functionality.
And we can't use 2.2. in church without it.

So I started to work on using vlc as background player
https://code.launchpad.net/~marmyshev/openlp/vlc_background
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fcode.launchpad.net%2F~marmyshev%2Fopenlp%2Fvlc_background&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNF5E2uRTJilRwuAnYHNXIXEp9kATw>

for this there is real need to control HTML content properly - hide HTML
background and show vlc video screen instad. So I changed HTML system of
display https://code.launchpad.net/~marmyshev/openlp/transitions
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fcode.launchpad.net%2F~marmyshev%2Fopenlp%2Ftransitions&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHq7Ll1oe8JxZ0vRC39xhM_s8XaSA>

and as bonus it can:

   1. separatly control background layers and content (text, images) layers.
   2. use different transition effects for content and for background.
   3. transitions for blanking
   4. transitions between images
   5. added some new transition effects as bonus and now we can add new
   effects easier.
   6. variable speed of effects.

So my questions:

   1. who can consult me in this topic?
   2. Have you any general plans for this functionality that I could do
   this not aside but in main stream?
   3. Who can help to figure out with QT stylesheets, vlc and WebKit? I
   can't make WebKit widget be transparent and be on top of vlc widget on the
   same display form. I guess this is not possible, but I want to be sure.
   Because of this I made second bg display for bg video. I'd prefer not to
   create new display.

Follow ups