openlp-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Background video and transitions

Hi Dmitriy,

Don't know if anybody else has answered, but just in case, I will :)

>Hi devs!
>
>I'm very sad that 2.2 wont have background video support (on OS X) we're using it very often - even with it's poor functionality.
>And we can't use 2.2. in church without it.
>
>So I started to work on using vlc as background player
>https://code.launchpad.net/~marmyshev/openlp/vlc_background

I'm glad you did this - this is one of the most requested features in OpenLP that we haven't gotten around to yet.

>>for this there is real need to control HTML content properly - hide HTML background and show vlc video screen instad. So I changed HTML system of display https://code.launchpad.net/~marmyshev/openlp/transitions
>and as bonus it can:
>    1. separatly control background layers and content (text, images) layers.
>
>    2. use different transition effects for content and for background.
>
>    3. transitions for blanking
>    4. transitions between images
>    5. added some new transition effects as bonus and now we can add new effects easier.
>
>    6. variable speed of effects.

Sounds good to me!

>>So my questions:
>    1. who can consult me in this topic?

It's a fairly broad topic, since I imaging it touches a lot of code, but superfly/Raoul comes to mind...

>>    2. Have you any general plans for this functionality that I could do this not aside but in main stream?

We don't have any plans on this, but we would like to have the functionality in OpenLP. It will of course have to go through our review process first to make sure it doesn't break the design. One thing to note is that we plan to upgrade from qt4 to qt5 after 2.2 is released. I don't know if that will affect your development, but it could demand some changes.

>    3. Who can help to figure out with QT stylesheets, vlc and WebKit? I can't make WebKit widget be transparent and be on top of vlc widget on the same display form. I guess this is not possible, but I want to be sure. Because of this I made second bg display for bg video. I'd prefer not to create new display.>

As mentioned above we will upgrade to qt5, maybe something has changed that will make things easier. But then again - maybe not...

Best regards,
Tomas (tgc)