openlp-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [openlp-dev] OpenLP moving forward

On 18/10/2015 13:30, Philip Ridout wrote:
I was going to ask this on irc, but I thought it might be beneficial for
others to see it here!

Yes, good idea. To be honest (and I'm at fault here too), we don't use the mailing list enough.

What's the plan moving forward and when? Will we maintain 2.2 like we did
with 2.0, by creating another series?
What about the Qt5 branch will we be merging that soon?
Are there any dates being floated for future releases?

We'll branch for 2.2 maintenance releases (yes, like we did for 2.0). So we'll create lp:openlp/2.2 and then all bug fixes will go in there, which new development happens in trunk.

Going forward, we've largely agreed that we need to move to Qt5. With this in mind, the first thing we want to do with 2.3 is to make that move. Once we've moved to Qt5, trunk will be opened for general development.

I've alluded to this before, but we really want to move to faster releases. I've put a peg in the sand for June/July next year for the release of 2.4. This gives us 9 months. Ideally I'd like to see our first beta release in January, and our first RC in April. I'll draw up a calendar on the wiki sometime next week.