Re: Mime-Type / Icon question

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 20:33 +0200, Olivier Girard wrote:
> Hello everybody and TJ
> I said TJ because he hasn't had this mail because he wasn't in the
> team when you have post this and perhaps he could tell you the
> solution.
> Thanks, olivier
>
> 2009/8/21 Jonathan Thomas <jonathan.oomph@xxxxxxxxx>
>         Sorry for all of the emails tonight, I'm just on a roll.  I
>         have a question for everyone.  I think we need to add a
>         Mime-type and mime-type icon for our .osp (OpenShot Project)
>         file extension.  I would like for .osp files to use the
>         OpenShot_logo.png icon, and know that "openshot" is the
>         associated program / command.  Now when you pass an .osp file
>         as an argument to OpenShot, it will load the project file.  I
>         looked into this, but I never have figured it out.  I guess
>         the goal is for a user to see the OpenShot icon on their
>         project file, double click it, and it opens their project in
>         OpenShot.

Mime-types are stored in "/usr/share/mime/". Per-package types are in
"/usr/share/mime/packages/<package-name>.xml". XML DTD is
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info

Launcher info is stored in /usr/lib/mime/packages/<package-name>

e.g. "/usr/lib/mime/packages/openshot" :
-----
application/x-openshot-project; /usr/bin/openshot '%s'; test=test -n
"$DISPLAY"; priority=5
-----

As I understand it, the icon is determined from the "openshot.desktop"
 "Icon=openshot.png" line. I'll test this to be sure.

I'll add the required mime-type files to the source so it can be added
to the bzr trunk, and also the required debian-specific processing to
ensure it as added to the user's system.