Re: Mime-Type / Icon question

I have a couple of questions regarding the openshot project files:

1. Are they XML?

2. Do they use an existing XML DTD (e.g. Kino uses SMIL) ?

The reference I'm using to create the XML file is:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/shared-mime-info-spec-latest.html

As I understand it, the XDG "openshot.desktop" will include:

MimeType=application/vnd.openshot-project

and the mime-info "/usr/share/mime/packages/openshot.xml" will be
something like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mime-info xmlns='http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info'>
  <mime-type type="application/vnd.openshot-project">
    <comment>OpenShot project</comment>
    <glob pattern="*.osp"/>
  </mime-type>
</mime-info>

In the Debian package the "postinst" script will call:

update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

CDBS automates this if it finds source package files
"debian/openshot.mime" and "debian/openshot.sharemimeinfo".

The package is responsible for installing the "openshot.desktop" file
itself (which it already does).