Distutils questions

I am really close to having everything completely merged.  The last thing
I've been doing is going over the "setup.py" and the use of distutils.  As
it is now, when you run "setup.py install", it puts the Python modules under
the "*site-packages*" folder, and all the other files under the *
/usr/share/openshot* folder.  Also, it puts "*launcher*" in the */usr/bin*.

So, my questions are:

1) If OpenShot code is running from /site-packages/, how do I determine the
path to the /usr/share/openshot folder?  Since "/usr/bin/launcher" isn't a
link... it's just a python file that imports "openshot.openshot", I can't
figure out how to detemine the path of all the other files.  Should all the
files that OpenShot needs just be under the /site-packages/ folder?  Should
the path /usr/share/openshot/ be hardcoded into some of the PATH variables?

2) Should "launcher" be a symbolic link?  Should "launcher" be renamed to
"openshot"?

3) Should /usr/share/openshot contain any of the "setup.py", "launcher",
"etc..." files?

Once I can run "sudo python setup.py install" and have OpenShot actually
work, I will commit everything. =)

Thanks,
-Jonathan

Follow ups