Re: Distutils questions

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 16:01 -0500, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> I am really close to having everything completely merged.  The last
> thing I've been doing is going over the "setup.py" and the use of
> distutils.  As it is now, when you run "setup.py install", it puts the
> Python modules under the "site-packages" folder, and all the other
> files under the /usr/share/openshot folder.  Also, it puts "launcher"
> in the /usr/bin.

Good point Jonathan. What I should be doing, now I'm almsot a distutils
expert, is install everything into the relative location (so it goes to
{site,dist}-packages/).

Then the Debian packaging scripts can shuffle things around to be the
appropriate places for installation via the package-manager for
Debian/Ubuntu systems utilising python-support.

Give me a couple of days and I'll redo setup.py and the debian scripts
to correct that. I'll let you know when its sorted out.