3D Effects in OpenShot!

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share another idea with you.  What it... OpenShot
had the power of Blender, but the super easy interface of OpenShot?  Okay,
let me explain:

I have been doing some experimentation with integrating Blender with
OpenShot, and it looks very doable.  Here's how it would work.

*Step 1)* We would create .blend files for different types of effects
(animated text, particle emitters, smoke, fire, etc...)
*Step 2) *Each .blend file would have an associated .py script (that would
use the Python bindings of Blender to tweak some of the settings). For
example, on an animated text .blend file, the .py script might change the
text, set the color, set the export folder, and the size of the blender
export.
*Step 3) *OpenShot would let the user choose an effect (i.e. a .blend file),
and set a few simple properties (that are defined in that .blend file)...
for example, the text, color, etc...
*Step 4) *OpenShot would then run Blender in "background mode".  And show a
progress bar of the render progress.  Blender would simply render as an
image sequence in some folder.
*Step 5) *Once the image sequence is rendered from Blender, a new clip would
appear in the "Project Files" tree for that image sequence. For example, if
it was an animated text .blend file, it would add the final image sequence
to OpenShot (with a transparent background).  Then users could drop it on
the timeline like any regular clip.

There you go... Blender power, with the easy interface of OpenShot!  It sure
does sound cool to me.  What does everyone else think about it?

Here is an example of what would be possible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-gqo8SlWs

Thanks!
-Jonathan

Follow ups