Re: Documentation accuracy rating

Ok, that makes perfect sense to me.

I'll do a first pass. Here are some things that stick out of me from the
last five months of analytics.

- The Starter Guide for Diablo still gets a huge number of hits. It's also
a popular landing page That guide will be updated for Essex this week. I
expect a similar trend.

- The Compute Admin guide (trunk or diablo) is the next most popular
landing page. I think people are returning to it, and they usually read
10-12 page per visit.

- The Object Storage Admin guide has the highest bounce rate pages in it.
The ring causes confusion, object replication has high bounce, it's also
possible that they think Object Storage is actually block storage, which
it's not. There are doc bugs logged against this guide so it's not
surprising but a good second set of info.

- The new reference listing of all 467 nova config options is sporting a
74% bounce rate. My guess is that it doesn't offer enough information
really about configuration, but someone searched for the option name and
only found that page. Since there are still 4-5 doc bugs remaining about
how to configure nova, this is also not surprising. From that page visitors
try other pages about configuring specific parts of Compute, like the API,
so I think work spent there would be well spent.

- To your credit Razique, the new multi-nic page is doing very well in the
stats. Lots of visitors, less than 50% bounce rate. I think it would get a
"kick-ass" section rating!

I do realize a high bounce rate might be a good thing, that people find
what they need and move on. I'm looking for topics where I don't think
they're finding what they need.

VNC and volumes are both highly visited topics.

I'm surprised the networking topics aren't more visited. Perhaps they're
not as findable? Seems like people are always asking about it on the list.

Here are the top 25 search terms on docs.openstack.org (the top search
field):

  keystone  quantum  dashboard  swift  nova  architecture  diablo  essex
vmware  api  nova configuration  nova-manage restart all services  install
Quantum  snapshot  vnc  installation  network  kvm  live migration
nova-manage  nova.conf  scheduler  ubuntu  windows
I hope this is helpful and close to what you were originally seeking. We
can revisit in 3 months and see how trends are looking.
Thanks,
Anne