PPB Meeting on June 2nd

Hey everyone,

I won't be able to make the PPB meeting this Thursday. This is a bank
holiday over here and we are having people for dinner. If you have the
meeting without me, just a few remarks about Core projects promotion vs.
release management.

I think projects shouldn't be promoted to "Core projects" status in the
middle of a development cycle. The reason is that I need to follow Core
projects from a release management perspective (plans, milestone
contents, etc.) and you can't just start doing it in the middle of a
cycle and pray for a successful coordinated release at the end. They
need to be Core projects for the whole cycle, so decided before the
design summit time.

So we can definitely promote projects to Incubation status, at which
point I'd start educating them on release management requirements to
make sure they can move to Core status for the next release. And we
should decide, at least one month before the design summit, that a given
Incubating project will be a Core project for the E development cycle.
The corresponding PTLs can then join in time the design summit
organization committee and the PPB.

But IMHO we shouldn't promote Dashboard, or Burrow, or ScalR to Core
status for Diablo, since Diablo is already well started.

At that point I'd concentrate our efforts in defining "Incubation" and
making sure the right projects enter that state ASAP.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack