Re: github

Eric Day wrote:
> Yup, sounds accurate. Still waiting on the integration bits, and
> once things are functional and features/drawbacks were documented,
> make a final call. There were also talks of doing a larger community
> vote (like PPB/PTL votes) to make sure we're not changing only for
> a vocal minority.

+1

The idea is to come up with a clear cost/benefit analysis and present it
to the PPB which will estimate if the benefit outweighs the cost for the
project.

We already know from the design summit that developers seem to prefer
the tool they are the most used to -- the question now is how costly it
is to move. From the tools integration standpoint, but also other aspects.

The fact that you invested in LP training already and would have to
re-do that for github training should, for example, also be taken into
account.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack