git vs bzr

I wanted to clarify my vote in the meeting today.  When I said "I don't want to train my devs on both git and bzr" I didn't mean that I was objecting to git / github on the grounds that we already know bzr / Launchpad.  What I meant was that I'd like us to choose one and stick with it.

I know some people thinks that this sounds like we're telling the Swift team what to do (Vish made that comment) but it's precisely _because_ I like Swift so much that I'd like the systems to be unified.  I want people (and not just Citrix people, but everyone out there) to be able to switch between bits of OpenStack, and to do cool things where they meet and overlap.  When people ask me what the next cool thing is, I tell them that its the ability to intersect storage and networking and compute that's going to change things in new and interesting ways.  That's why I want people to be able to come in and do bits of work on Swift, Nova, Quantum, and have no barriers between them.

I do believe that we will all benefit in the long run if we're all using the same systems, so my vote is one for unity.  I just wanted to be clear in case anyone thought it was a vote for conservatism.

Thanks,

Ewan.