Re: 3rd Party APIs

The reason I said "c" and not "b" is because there may be something in the future that we see that really, really needs to belong in the kernel of an OpenStack system.

By choosing "B", categorically it seemed like an assertion that none of these 3rd party APIs (or plugins or whatever) could *ever* become core. And while I don't see that as beneficial now and for the examples we're talking about, I don't want to close down that possibility.

Right now we *do* have option "C" by my view and definitions, even though there's not a formal process. How did we "suddenly" start gating and testing against "devstack"? I don't think anyone here would disagree with it, but it's also not a formal project or process that went through any form of approval, incubation, etc. other than be damned useful on the technical side and providing a very clear value to getting a solid OpenStack product out the door.

- joe