openstack-ubuntu-testing team mailing list archive

Re: OpenStack Folsom packages

On 09/03/2012 10:38 AM, Korzynski, Aleksander wrote:

Adam,

Thanks for the response. I'm investigating if it's feasible to converge the Jenkins setup used by Ubuntu with the setup used internally by HP for testing OpenStack. That way we could both leverage each other's work.

What do you think would be the best approach? Would it be straightforward for me to replicate the same Jenkins setup you have? What are the prerequisites to do that?

Once I have it working, I could modify the Jenkins scripts and parameterize them, because we do certain things differently. Then, in theory, we would be able to share the same scripts with different arguments.

I'm not sure if it's feasible to make that convergence, but I'd like to investigate that option.

Best regards,

Hi Aleksander-

I'd certainly love to see more outside participation around the testing we are doing. Since our testing takes place on hardware isolated behind firewalls, making our work easily consumable by outsiders seems the most logical first step.

The lp:openstack-ubuntu-testing bzr branch contains jenkins job xml config templates that I use to setup new clusters. They can (probably) be adjusted to suite you're needs. It's also worth noting that I've been working on a new test pipeline to do pre-commit integration testing that makes better use of build parameters to construct a cleaner test pipeline. I haven't gotten to setting this up in production yet, but all of that work (adjustments to build scripts, xml templates) has been committed to that branch in some place or another. In the future, I'd like to convert all of our jobs to make use of such a pipeline.

Adam