Re: Use of IANA-registered ports

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For Nova, I think we're OK with the HTTP ports, because most of the components are using rabbitmq for communication.  For Glance, I'm not sure.

Good discussion on the port assignments, and after further thought,
what Eric said about using 80/443 for HTTP-based API servers is the
correct default.

As for Glance, there are two services, both HTTP REST-based services,
one for the registry node and one for the API node.  Of course, both
can be run on the same physical machine. I don't see any reason not to
stick with 80/443 for the both the API and registry servers and
configuring an alternate port for the registry server when it is being
run on the same physical machine.

-jay