Re: Network Service for L2/L3 Network Infrastructure blueprint

Integration is the issue.  It only works with osapi/xen at this point which isn't even the default hypervisor setting in the packaging.  A large number of people involved in Nova haven't even looked at it.  The changes to make it support the ec2_api properly will need to be done in two separate projects and require that the projects move forward in lock-step for versioning.  The blueprints and design decisions are essentially being managed separately.  I believe that most of this could have been avoided if we kept glance in nova initially and moved it out if necessary at a later date.

Vish

>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bexar-extend-network-model
>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bexar-network-service
>>>

>>> It was discussed at ODS, but I have not seen any code or momentum, to
>>> date.
>>>
>>> I think it is worth while to have an open discussion about what if any
>>> of this can be safely done in Cactus.  I like you, Jay, feel a bit
>>> conservative.  I think we lost focus of the reason we chose time based
>>> releases. It is time to focus on nova being a solid trustworthy