Re: Allowing clients to pass capability requests through tags?

Having location-related flags in the -z field is fine with me.  I believe the same ec2_api hack would work on -z.  How about relational placement directives "pack them together" versus "spread them apart".

euca-run-instances -t "small;!local_gb=2048" -z "any;near_volume='v1234'"
euca-run-instances -t "small;!local_gb=2048" -z "any;topolgy='cluster'"
euca-run-instances -t "small;!local_gb=2048" -z "any;topolgy='spreadout'"

I don't care about the syntax, but a ! flag or something to indicate "fail if not met"?  The openstack api can be more elegant about it.

Brian

---
Brian Schott, Project Leader
USC Information Sciences Institute