Re: Queue Service

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 09:51 -0800, Eric Day wrote:
> There are possible solutions to build an AMQP based service,
> but AMQP brings complexity and a protocol not optimized for high
> latency and intermittent connectivity.

Regardless of whether the system uses AMQP, I am a fan of AMQP's
flexible routing model. Please don't build a service that lacks fanout
and other non-1:1 distribution patterns. Non-1:1 routing is useful for
web cache invalidation and other cluster management.

If the queue service is only 1:1, we'll still end up running RabbitMQ
for our own needs.

--
David Strauss